Through the Health Improvement in North Carolina program area, the Trust responds to health and wellness needs and invests in solutions that improve the quality of health for financially-disadvantaged residents of North Carolina.
We seek to support change by:
- Focusing our efforts on issues and in communities where our contributions can support meaningful progress,
- Investing resources other than our dollars to create impact, and
Committing to learning both internally and along with our partners.
Specifically, our intent is to invest up to half of our resources in our Healthy Places NC work over the next 10 years. The majority of the remaining half of our portfolio will be concentrated within four issues, which include work where we believe we can see real positive change over the next 10 years.
Access to Primary Care
- Increasing Health Care Coverage
- Providing a Medical Home
- Building a Continuum of Care
- Integration of Care
- Substance Abuse
- Comprehensive Prevention in a Community Setting
- Opportunities for Physical Activity
- Access to Healthy Foods
- Clinical Care and Self-Management
- Behavioral Health
- Public Awareness and Advocacy
While we will still be a responsive grantmaker and will help where innovative and practical solutions present themselves, our commitment to focus and learning should lead to deeper and longer-term change over time.